Scientific and Technical Services
Our scientific and technical subject matter experts use leading technologies, industry standardized processes, and years of experience to provide our customers with the highest quality mission solutions at reduced risk and cost.
PROVIDING UNIQUE SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS TO THE WARFIGHTER
Our Scientific and Technical Operations support defense and intelligence missions, cybersecurity, homeland security, and critical infrastructure protection. Our core Scientific and Technical capabilities are applied to System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) programs focused on homeland defense, MASINT, HUMINT and CBRN defense; and Systems Engineering targeting the development of hardware and software real-world operational tools; sensor and platform warfighter solutions; and cybersecurity applications. We provide analytical and technical support, program management, and engineering and process solutions to our customers throughout the Department of Defense, the National Intelligence Community, and the Department of Energy.
WHAT WE DO
ZelTech provides a wide range of science and technical services to the DOD, NIC, and DOE including:
For more information, contact:
Dr. Orion Vanderlinde, Vice President, Operations; Chief Scientist
- Unmanned and Counter-Unmanned Systems, Counter-Improvised Explosive Device (C-IED)
- ISR Processing Exploitation and Dissemination (PED)
- Development Test and Evaluation
- Strategic Planning
- Technology Analysis
- Data Analysis and Algorithm Development
- Concept Development
- Modeling and Simulation
- Communications Interoperability
- CBRNE Equipment Integration
- Continuity of Operations
- Systems Design & Engineering
- Exercises and Training
- System Life Cycle Management
- Facilities Management
- Policy Development & Execution
Science and Engineering
Science and Engineering
ZelTech’s science and engineering services provide mission operations support, technology research and development, and SETA support for Government customers in areas such as:
- Subject Matter Expertise in physics, biology, chemistry, systems engineering, cybersecurity providing technical operations analysis, scientific/engineering expertise, rapid prototyping, and test coordination
- Chemical laboratory operations and support including wet lab, inventory, and facility maintenance
- Development and integration of current and emerging phenomenology models and simulations into operational and R&D architectures and environments
- End-to-end, operational prototype systems development for the warfighter
- Emerging technology assessment and operational transition covering all levels of systems engineering and development including:
- Concept of Operations (CONOP) development
- Requirements development and testing
- Strategic planning and technology roadmaps
- Technical proposal review
- Systems Engineering Management Plans (SEMP), Test and Evaluation Management Plans (TEMP), Technical Risk Management Plans, Technical Interface Controls/Interface Management development
- Functional Area Assessment (FAA), Functional Needs Assessment (FNA), Functional Solution Analysis (FSA), Initial Capability Documents (ICD), and the Capability Development Document (CDD) development
- National laboratory, industry, and academia outreach and support
- Technology Transition planning
- Support past and current national and military policy and the activities that address WMD strategies, collection planning, and guidance to identify emerging national policy and/or trends
- Integration of advanced technology sensor systems into various field test platforms for deployments, joint military exercises and demonstrations
- Logistics support such as training, maintenance, storage, shipping, upgrades, spare parts, additional procurement builds and purchases, and software ownership, version control, maintenance, and upgrades for candidate sensor platforms
ZelTech provides the Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO) with expertise in research, experimental development, and rapid acquisition; development and fielding of counter-threat technologies; and delivering urgent mission solutions in support of operations throughout the globe. We identify and maintain an understanding of risks, vulnerabilities, and capability gaps of the Joint Force to drive rapid assessments, thus enabling informed investments in counter-threat technologies and non-materiel solutions within the combatant command’s latest time of value.
ISR Processing, Exploitation, Dissemination and Knowledge Management
ZelTech provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support for the planning, integration, and training of new and existing Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR) Processing Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) systems and tactics techniques and procedures (TTP). Analysts provide Intelligence collection, exploitation, reporting, fusion, dissemination, and evaluation capabilities in support of AFSOC and the Distributed Common Ground System-Special Operation Forces (SOF) enterprise. Our analysts and SMEs provide 24/7/365 ISR PED support to SOF missions world-wide. Additionally, ZelTech Staff Action officers and SMEs provide the AFSOC/A2 with expertise and advisement in Intelligence Analysis, Information Security/Assurance, ISR Operations (Current and Future Programs), Intelligence Training, and HUMINT Collection Management.
ZelTech facilitates the reliable data and media sharing with USCENTCOM members and Coalition partners, facilitates the integration of people, processes, and tools/technology across the USCENTCOM Intelligence Enterprise and provides technical and subject matter expert coverage twenty-four hours a day to create operational, entity and intelligence reports from unstructured and structured sources to support data fusion.
ZelTech provides support to Air Combat Command (ACC) A5D to analyze/define shortfalls or inefficiencies and deliver solutions to improve systems, architectures and business processes related to critical mission areas of the Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) Weapon System (WS) Enterprise. Our personnel analyze the current DCGS weapon system enterprise management approach to identify gaps in processes and integration capabilities. We also identify gaps and system engineering process changes for sustainment, modernization and innovation activities leveraging best practices from commercial industry, similar DoD IT weapon systems (i.e., GCCS, AOC) and Intelligence Community programs. We provide systems and architectural engineering and analysis to ACC in the course of developing, maturing, assessing, and integrating the command and control and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance warfighting processes of the Air Force. These activities and studies and analyses include Air Force mission objectives for Command and Control (C2) and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), integration of C2 and ISR capabilities, and exploring the use and incorporation of new technology into ACC projects to resolve operational capability and/or support issues.
Airborne ISR Operations and Support
ZelTech provides analysis, research, training, operational and airspace integration support to implement and sustain the required elements of the USSOCOM unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and USAF (including the Air National Guard and Air Force Reserves) small UAS (SUAS) programs. Our personnel provide the Government the capability to continually assess mission needs, assist system operators in the planning and execution of real- world contingencies, experiments, evaluations, exercises, and training, develop concepts of operations and employment, develop and maintain procedures for airspace coordination, deconfliction, and integration. We also develop educational courseware and syllabus for classroom training, develop and monitor standardized training programs for each unmanned system, develop and maintain databases to track operational status of command unmanned systems, and provide expertise to integrate unmanned systems in the USAF, AFSOC’s force mix, and throughout all USSOCOM components.